At Apollo Education Group®, we make every effort to serve as stewards of our planet and our environmental resources. We offer technologies that allow for virtual interconnection that minimizes carbon emissions, support green businesses that provide jobs and economic growth in communities across America, and partner with organizations that foster a more eco-friendly climate.
Apollo Education Group is a long-standing advocate for eco-conscious operations and environmental sustainability, supporting the integration of electric vehicles with free access to charging stations and preferred parking spot locations. In 2015, Apollo Education Group accomplished many great changes to our facilities and business processes, including:
- Adding additional vehicle charging stations to serve our employee’s increasing adoption of electric vehicles
- Reduced energy usage from lighting in Phoenix buildings by 1/3,
- Implemented day cleaning, saving energy overnight,
- Implemented semi-annual air quality testing in Phoenix buildings,
- Installed touch-free flush valves and faucets in Riverpoint buildings, and
- Upgraded HVAC, including installation of remote HVAC controllers to improve workplace comfort and reduce energy consumption.
Our commitment to healthy living is extended to our employees through Rev ™, Apollo Education Group’s healthy living revolution. Rev offers employees options for sustaining their wellbeing through healthy eating options, community-building activities, and inspiring a passion for positive lifestyle choices.
“Apollo Education Group and University of Phoenix® share a commitment to teacher education and sustainability,” says Dan Litteral, vice president and deputy general counsel for Apollo Education Group. “University of Phoenix College of Education has been educating teachers for more than 30 years, and is proud to once again partner with Arizona Forward to empower teachers with environmental education to bring to the next generation of students.” In an effort to strengthen and expand environmental education opportunities for Arizona teachers, University of Phoenix offered three full-tuition scholarships to deserving Arizona K-12 educators. Scholarships were granted to three teachers from the across the state who demonstrated sustainable practices in their classrooms and want to make a difference in their communities.